Let’s make sure that our new Councillors know what issues matter most to their community – and that it will be the focus of the next Council.
We want to make sure that our Councillors know what issues matter most to their community and make sure it’s the focus of the next Council.
We need your views. By answering a few questions you can help guide the next Council’s plans and actions.
Why we are doing this?
In 2016-2017, Greater Geelong undertook a significant project to create the Clever and Creative community led vision for the future of Geelong. Over 16,000 community members had their say about their aspirations for the region and how it should evolve during the next 30 years.
This involved 162 workshops, event appearances, community meetings and school visits. At the Our Future Assembly on Saturday 6 May 2017, 350 people discussed, debated, deliberated and decided on a community-led vision for Greater Geelong’s future.
We want to know if the community feels that the vision for our region to be its best is actually being delivered on by Council. We want to identify what are the gaps and issues and how Council could better meet the community’s needs. If you care deeply about Geelong region, then we call on you to raise your voice so that your voice is heard and acted upon by the next Council.
Together we will:
• Survey the community to understand what issues matter most to them and what actions they would like council to take. By answering a few questions you will be helping to guide the next Council.
• Publish the survey in August with our findings on what matters most to the Geelong Community and promote this widely.
• Ask the candidates who are running for Council in the October Council elections and ask them if they will run on this platform and focus on delivering this over their term.
• Publish on our website which candidates are endorsing this platform in the lead up to the election so you can make an informed vote.
How you can help:
3. Share the survey with your friends and on social media.
We are a group of locals who love the Geelong region and are passsionate about nurturing our local democracy.
We are not a political party or affiliated with any candidate or Geelong Council.
Our goal is to capture a geniuine snapshot of the community’s priorities.
So: This is why we’d love to hear what is important to you! You can tell us in this short survey.
Caroline Danaher, Ocean Grove
Mik Aidt, Norlane
Sally Fisher, Hamlyn Heights
Sanja van Huet, Leopold
Suzie Brown, Ocean Grove
On Day 3, the survey had received 100 responses and over 50 comments.Six organisations have now endorsed the survey. → You can visit and like the survey’s Facebook page here www.facebook.com/geelongcommunitysurvey
A group of locals have got together to help people in the Geelong and Bellarine to actively engage with their Councillors and have their voices heard. As there is a Council election coming up in October we work to: support people who would like to get engaged in the election process, our local democratic processes, and Council’s decision …
Send an email to email@example.com
Or fill this form and press the ‘send’-button below:
We protect your privacy: The e-mails we receive will be handled with care and confidentiality and won’t be shared with anyone. All survey results will be shared with all candidates equally.